Monday, January 16, 2012

Why I Keep Going Back- Musings of an Interventionist

When I come home from an evening at work tired, exhausted, bloody, bruised and crying, I've been asked by some, why I go back. What is it about working with these kids that brings me back everyday even when I say aloud, "No more. I can't do this"? It is about the moments when after the many tears and struggles that a non- verbal child will complete an activity and giggle "Awesome!" and when a physically aggressive child becomes angry and frustrated but does not lift his hand to strike you. But the at the heart of it all- the reason can be found below in this amazing video of a girl named Carly Fleischmann.

4 comments:

scooping it up said...

WOW. So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Jenn Hoff said...

Wow! That was so profound. It's incredible to hear the spirit stuck inside the body of Carly.
I'm glad you do what you do, Moll. You make such a difference, even if you don't see the immediate results. I can't think of a more loving and patient person to do it!

The Jenninator said...

New POST! New POST! New POST!
(Hey, it's not my fault; the people demand it.)

Lori Thornbrue said...

We loved this.